Smart Water Metering
What Is Smart Water Metering?
LPWAN communication-based water modules comprise a system that transmits water-use data collected
by digital water meters to the outside.
This system transmits the current state of water meters using IoT wireless communications provided
by existing telecommunication operators.
- Built-in isolated connection ports that can interwork with environmental sensors considering environmental conditions
for the installation of water meters and the equipment for their deployment.
- Built-in IoT-LPWAN modules and communication interface-integrated baseboards
- Development of functions for power management and battery self-management through constant power monitoring
- Application of communication APIs and development of communication protocols for interworking with IoT platforms
The smart metering market is projected to achieve continuous growth revolving
around Europe, Asia, and North America.
EUThe EU plans to introduce smart meters into each household by 2020 and IBM pushes for smart water metering-related businesses in Europe.
USAThe US government promotes smart water metering toward the establishment of a national-level efficient water resources supply network.
Asia- Singapore continues to develop smart water metering through the Smart Nation Sensor Platform (SNSP).
- Malaysia is deemed to increase the import of smart water meters in line with its development of smart cities and digitalization. The country promotes AI and ICT-based smartization of the entire national water supply process.
AI Smartens National Water Supply System Based on ICT
South Korea plans to invest 3.4 trillion won by 2025 to introduce
an ICT-based smart water metering system.
- A major project area for smart water supply management as part of the government’s Green New Deal Policy is
to introduce an ICT and IOT-based smart water pipe operation and management system.
- Of the Green New Deal’s five major tasks, smart green industrial complexes are aimed at building smart energy platforms that perform the real-time monitoring and control of power generation and consumption in the field of energy management.
Provision of integrated energy analysis solutions through continuous product development
- Development of products specialized in wireless communication-based
smart water metering
- - Resolve existing problems with the installation of communication networks by employing NB-IoT-based wireless communications
- - Installed at very affordable prices compared to existing monitoring system
- - Very low maintenance costs for the operation of a monitoring system
- Establishment of Management Systems Linked with Smart Metering Companies
- - Resolve difficulties in industrial sites and companies requiring smart metering
- - Provide optimized long-distance monitoring systems
- Integrated Energy Analysis Solutions
- - Applicable to not only water/gas real-time metering and control, but also various industrial sites
- - Expanded to energy efficiency diagnostic equipment and the real-time monitoring and analysis market